Jackson Parker was rescued from the Cleveland Animal Shelter on October 27, 2007 as a present for Joe's 25th birthday. When I walked into the pound, I saw him immediately. The other three dogs in his pen were really yippy and seemed really annoying. Jak looked up at me with the cutest puppy dog eyes I've ever seen. I held him and he rested his head on my shoulder. I didn't even walk the rest of the way down the cages. I knew that Jakson was perfect.
I had put Jak in Joe's kitchen as a surprise for when he got home from work. I left a big sign on the door that read "It's a boy!" Jak was in the corner when Joe walked in, and I think he was extremely excited! He called me immediately, and knew he was in love!
He had been begging for a dog for his birthday. I had absolutely no intentions of getting him one. He kept begging and really thought I had already planned to get him one. I thought, what the heck, I'll go check them out. It was definitely meant to be.
Jak stayed with Joe since we were not married yet. I loved having him over for sleep overs though. He would sleep right beside me at night and let me know when he needed to go out.
He is such a great dog. He is our baby. Like the book Marley and Me says, dogs don't care if you are rich or poor, they just want to love and to be loved. Jak is such a joy to us. He gets so excited when we get home from work, and is so sad when we have to leave him. He is the most amazing dog either of us have ever had.
Jak loves chasing squirrels outside. He is such a hunter. He caught a bird in the back yard in mid air. He also caught a squirrel, and a rat. The rat was not exciting to see hanging out of his mouth. But he was so proud of that thing!
We love taking him on walks. He also likes to go to the Ocoee and run around there. He loves running through puddles, digging holes, and jumping/rolling around in mud. It's a good thing he doesn't mind baths.
When he goes outside, he likes to jump like a deer. It's hilarious. This dog has more personality than some people I know. One day I want to have a house with a ton of land for Jak to run around. We know he'd love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment