March 31, 2010

in this crazy life

Wow. I can't believe I haven't blogged since Christmas. So much has happened since then. January 5th I had my tonsils removed and the following four weeks were the most horrible four weeks I've ever been through. I was on about 7 different medications, one of those being pain medicine, I couldn't eat anything, lost 13 pounds, often wondered how in the world I was going to sleep another night sitting up.....needless to say, the whole month of January was quite a blur.

The month of Feb was all about me regaining my strength and ability to eat. I went from doing absolutely nothing - I was only allowed to lay on the couch - to working full time, being in grad school full time, teaching a dance class, and doing my practicum at Blythe-Bower. There were points in the month where I felt like I would not be able to do it. Thanks to the Lord though, I was able to get through that transition.

Now it's March....well, until tomorrow anyway, and we have had some major changes. Thankfully, I am seeing the finish line with this semester, and will only be taking two night classes each semester from now on. Three is too much with work. Also, my sister and amazing nephew have moved in with us. It is wonderful to have them here with us, but we are all still adjusting to it. We are so proud of my sister for making the decision to live here, look for a job, new church, friends, etc. She has done very well with this and we are so happy for that. She has gotten involved with a singles group at Westmore here in Cleveland and is loving it. We are very thankful for Tammy Taylor who helped introduce sis to the group. She is loving her friends and her new life here. We are just praying now that she hears back from some places she turned in applications...for a job!

I feel like a crappy friend lately because there is so much going on in my life that I can sometimes not breathe. I am in four weddings between June and September, full time grad student, full time admissions counselor, just found out that our VP for enrollment is leaving in 5 weeks, major changes in our office and more pressure added to hit goals, counseling at my elementary school, a wife, sister, and helping with a three year old, homework, and the list goes on. Do you ever feel so overwhelmed that you don't know how you get it all done? Well, that's definitely where I've been. Like I said though, I'm starting to see the light and it is looking good. I just know that I need the Lord's strength to get through April, and this crazy insane summer of weddings and showers.

All in all though, I am blessed. I have a wonderful husband, family, and friends. I am thankful for my job and the ability to go to grad school. I am working on living in the day, and not looking forward to only the weekends or the future when I'm finished with school. Today, I challenge you to do the same.

1 comment:

Tasia said...

I love how you write! I always feel like im reading a book and I wanna know what's coming next! I love you and thank you for all you've done for BG and I WE LOVE YOU! I know sometimes its hard but God will reward you for all the things you do for other people! stay focused in school and just do the best you can I've always been so proud of you and I have ALWAYS looked up to you! you've done a great job Mica!